Monday, October 20, 2008

Jake's 1st Pinewood Derby

Jakob and his dad were very creative for this pine wood derby. Jake loves army everything so they created a tank derby car. They went to Hobby Lobby and found camouflage wrap for the car. They put half of an army dude on top and painted a pen for the cannon. Eric sanded down the wheels thin to have a good advantage on the speed. They finished it about 10:00p.m. the night before the race. The next morning Eric got up at 5:00 a.m. because he couldn't sleep because the wheels weren't up to par. What a cute daddy! I came in at 6:30 to see the finished product. Needless to say, Eric is quite the derby dad. Jake took 2nd in the whole Derby and had a great experience with his dad. I am grateful for Eric and how dedicated and caring of a dad he is. Good job both of you. Jake got the "hardest to find in the grass" award and a ribbon for participating. One of our favorite activities in scouts by far. Until next year....

4 comments:

Christine said...

I'm so glad you have entered the world of blogging! I got hooked on it last year.

Your kids are darling and guess what....I have 3 kids (two boys then a girl). My middle son's name is JACOB and our daughter's name is EMILY. Does that crack you up or what? Is Janelle into Facebook or Blogging yet?

Beth and Jess said...

Yipeeee!!!! I am so glad you started a blog. I can't believe how big Emily has gotten. I still think of her running around the Relief Society room in her stripey tights!!!! She is so cute and of course so are your boys. I love the pinewood derby thing. way to go Eric.

Omgirl said...

You'll know what a complete Pinewood Derby nerd my husband is when I tell you that I already got the whole story about Jake's pinewood derby experience. NERD.

Kenny and Kelli Ray said...

Gotta love those pine wood derbys. My brother borrowed a car from my uncle when he was a kid, and it was illegally weighted...he won the trophy and felt so bad afterwards that he returned the trophy. Too funny!